Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend in Atlanta





This weekend we went to Atlanta. One of Joe's good friends from college was getting married so we decided to pack up the kids and head over. The drive there was good. The boys were both really well behaved, but the 6 hour drive took us 9 hours. We can't blame the kids for all of the delays. We did get stuck in a traffice jam for about an hour, but all other stops were related to diapers and feeding. The way back was a breeze. We stopped once and that was it. They were both so good, I couldn't have asked for anything more! On Saturday before the wedding we took them to the Aquarium. Mike thought it was the coolest thing and told all of Joe's friends about the fishies. Henry slept the whole time which was great. Then we didn't have to stop Mike's tour to feed or change diapers. The wedding was nice. The reception was at the top floor of the hotel overlooking Atlanta. It was very nice. So, while I thought we were out of our minds trying to take them both on a 6 our drive, it turned out to be a great weekend. Joe is going back to work tomorrow which is sad. We have had so much fun having him home with us. Mike is going to start going to the child development center on base twice a week. I think he will love it. He loves other kids and could stand to have a few lessons in sharing with others! It's kind of hard to teach him when he's at home with me and there isn't anyone for him to share with!

4 comments:

Carey said...

I'm so glad you guys had a good time. I must admit that I was worried about the drive and hotel stay with the bambinos! Should have known that they'd be awesome :) Everyone looks great.

Laura said...

Hank is sooo cute and Michael is too of course!! You look so good! Yes Joe - you look good too! My dad loves the name Hank. He has told me multiple times how much he likes his name. Hope to talk to you soon. We have some catching up to do!!! Love and miss you guys. Give the boys a kiss from me.

Taryn said...

In that first picture, Ole Hank looks like he's at the edge of his endurance. Ole Tymer Joe is keeping everyone up late!

Taryn said...

It's me, Matt, and not Taryn. Had to put the disclaimer in before I got in trouble.

Note: This comment and the one proceeding are the words of Uncle Matt and are in no way attributed to Taryn.