Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy valentine's day. I would also like to add(Chris and Carey will appreciate this) that Joe has now been working exactly one hour a day for over a week. I am happy for him to have this time off, but I am getting extremely jealous now. Plus with President's day coming up, he'll get another 72 hours off. Meanwhile, I will be at an 8 hour child abuse training. Something is really wrong here. Next place we go, I'm working for the government. By that I mean through the military. A counselor from Fleet and Family Services told Joe that I should apply for a job there. They make $40,000 starting. It's a good thing I love my girls so much. However, I can't promise that my loyalty for the troubled youth of the world will carry on to our next destination. In fact, unless I can get summers off or a giant pay increase, I can almost say it won't. Is that way too superficial? Ok, that is all. My complaining has come to an end. I just have to bring these facts to the fore front. I overheard many conversations that occured this weekend where Joe told lots of people that I was a fuddy dud and wouldn't do anything. Just so you know, that'a partly b/c I have to go to work and he doesn't!!!! I know that there will be a time where I will be eating my words and Joe will be working more hours than any person should, but as of now, that is not the case! Love You All!
Can't wait for all of our visitors: My Dad & Wendy: Feb. 17-20th.
Haley Clan: March 24th-28th (give or take a day or so)
Laura: around the 27th-30th or 31st
My Mom and Roger: toward the end of the week!
Ok, really, I'm going now!
Can't wait for the kayak races. It's on!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel - I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I don't offend anyone reading this, but the thing is this -- whoever was in charge of this feminist movement really messed things up for us. Here we are now, stuck working longer hours for less money. Why can't we just stay home, play, and be taken care of? Not cool.
We'll see if Joe's singing a different song when he's working normal long hours. Hope you guys had a fabulous valentines day! See you in just over a month!

Anonymous said...

Just as the liberal movement of today, we now see feminism as the gigantic folly that it was. This will be more crystal clear than ever when you're being eaten by the sharks after falling into the ocean during the kayak race...silly women folk.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that only females get to say that the feminist movement was a bunch of hooey. Boys have to keep comments to themselves.

Taryn said...

I say that all of us ladies quit work and go on a permanent vacation :) I just wanted to let you know that I will be attending the family Florida fun no matter what...even if I don't get the days off!!! I can't wait! Pooey on work if they don't give me the days off! Our tickets are booked. Oh by the way, I think I want a new kayak race partner ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so happy that everyone's going to be able to make it to Pensecola. Taryn, you can be my kayak partner and Matt and Barclay can team up. I think that's fair! I'm all for the permanent vacation. Everyone buy a lottery ticket...then we can afford to party for life :)

Anonymous said...

Switching kayak race partners? Such talk is treason. It's husbands with wives and Abbie for shark bait...thats that.

Anonymous said...

HANG IN MEL!!!!! yo momma sympathizes hugely! Hey ole matty, I NEED Abbie for my kayak race parter, since the ole guy will likely be snoozing with Lilly! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
She can't be shark bait; besides, Mel's boss should be!