Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Griswalds'

Today we finished getting our Christmas lights up. That's right, I said Christmas lights. Joe was out in full "Clark Griswald" mode. At one point I went outside because I was sure I heard the ladder on the roof. He was doing all kinds of unsafe things, but he made it through without incident and the house looks great. I think our neighbors think we're nuts, but hey! We travel so much during the holidays we have to decorate early in order to make all the work worth it! Our next door neighbor is just shy of 9 months pregnant and her husband is deployed. I think Joe is doing her house next weekend, so by then we won't be the only crazy people on the block! WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I want pictures! What are your travel plans? Are you heading this way for Thanksgiving? If so I hope to sneak a few minutes out of your busy schedule to see you and meet Hank!!! I miss you so much!!!

Carey said...

I second Laura's request - post some pics of the Griswold household. A week and a half left...

Melissa said...

Ok, will do! I wish I would have taken pictures while he was actually putting them up. That was really the best part. I should also tell you that he wants to put colored lights around the windows and make a christmas tree out of lights sround the flag pole. I told him less is more. He thinks the tackier the better!

Anonymous said...

hey there - all the pics are great. I also want to see the christmas lights up and glowing. i'm in the t-minus count down until Christmas...only 5 weeks and 2 days until my due date...its creeping up on us.

we hope to be in the NC area sometime at the end of February...hopefully we'll get to see you guys